The Medication Safety Self Assessment ®
The Medication Safety Self Assessment® for Australian Hospitals (2015) workbook provides the information required to begin assessing your hospital’s medication safety systems. The workbook can be downloaded in full or in part below.
- Complete workbook PDF ~1.7MB
- Introduction to the self-assessment and instructions on how to proceed PDF ~166KB
- Definitions you will need for completing the self-assessment PDF ~143KB
- Frequently Asked Questions to assist you with scoring the items PDF ~252KB
- Self-assessment items PDF ~1.0MB
- Enter and retain a record of your hospital’s scores online.
- Display results in graphical form to easily identify areas for improvement.
- Track progress over time.
- Automatically calculate weighted aggregate scores for each key element and core characteristic.
- Compare themselves against other hospitals (in a de-identified way) according to demographic variables selected.
A new account is required to access the online database for the 2015 version of the self-assessment. To create an account, please email the following information to CEC-MSSA@health.nsw.gov.au :
- Official hospital name.
- Physical address of the hospital facility.
- Name and contact details of the MSSA lead at the facility.