NSW Health employees can access BloodSafe eLearning directly via HETI Online.
In NSW, all staff involved in transfusion related activities are required to complete the BloodSafe eLearning module "Clinical Transfusion Practice". Transfusion related activities include (but are not limited to):
- Prescribing and ordering
- Pre transfusion laboratory testing and product issuing
- Monitoring and patient assessment
Health care workers involved in non-clinical handling of blood products, such as hospital porters and orderlies, may only be required to complete the BloodSafe eLearning module "Transporting Blood".
Staff employed to perform phlebotomy or venepuncture, may only be required to complete the BloodSafe eLearning module "Collecting Blood Specimens".
BloodSafe eLearning provides nationally recognised Patient Blood Management courses for health care professionals, students and laboratory staff. CPD points are available, and information on College endorsements and points can be found on the BloodSafe eLearning website.
- Australian Red Cross Blood Service Online learning for clinicians
- Blood products and transfusion practice resources for health professionals
- Graduate Certificate in Transfusion Practice - an online course administered by The University of Melbourne School of Nursing. It is delivered under the auspice of the Blood Matters Program, Victoria