Clinical Practice Resources
Clinical Guidelines as required for clinical practice as outlined in NSW Health Policy Blood Management Policy PD2018_042.
- Information for clinicians - COVID-19
- Frequently asked questions – Blood Transfusions
- Information for Clinicians - IIMs Haemovigilance templates
- Double Independent Checking - Transfusion
- ANZSBT/RCNA Guidelines for the Administration of Blood Products 2nd Ed, Dec 2011
- ANZSBT Guidelines for Transfusion and Immunohaematology Laboratory Practice
- NSW Health Pathology policy and procedures (internal to NSW Health)
- The National Blood Authority - BloodSTAR Support Materials
Further resources available to support safe effective and appropriate clinical practice include:
- Blood Book Australian Blood Administration Handbook, 1st edition May 2020
- Australian Red Cross Lifeblood provides an extensive on line range of information and resources for health professionals related to blood products and transfusion practice
- The National Blood Authority provides guidelines, fact sheets and information on implementing PBM in the clinical setting.