World Sepsis Day
A Global Sepsis Alliance initiative, World Sepsis Day is held annually on 13 September 2019. Each year events are held worldwide to raise awareness about sepsis.
Sepsis is a medical emergency, claiming six million lives globally each year, leading the World Health Organization to declare sepsis a global health priority.
To help spread the word this World Sepsis Day, there’s lots of ways to get involved:
- Host a World Sepsis Day event at your workplace (morning tea/education session on sepsis)
- Get involved in our World Sepsis Day photo challenge by:
- Taking a photo: either by yourself or with your team, holding up your pledge to increase sepsis awareness
- Tweet CEC: share your photo online and tag us @NSWCEC, @Sepsis_Kills and using the hashtag #WSD19
- Download and use our great resources below. Places to put up the posters could be waiting rooms, toilets, staff rooms, near vending machines or anywhere else people might see them!
CEC- World Sepsis Day
13 September 2019
YouTube video (high resolution)
Sepsis - who is most at risk? - Poster
Download PDF ~80KB
Sepsis Symptoms - Consumers Poster
Download PDF ~62KB
Sepsis Symptoms - Clinicians Poster
Download PDF ~61KB
Could it be Sepsis - Poster
Download PDF ~106KB
Antibiotics for Sepsis - Poster
Download PDF ~88KB
Stop Sepsis, Save Lives - PowerPoint
Download PPX ~1.7MB