Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
Resources below have been developed to provide guidance on contact, droplet and airborne precautions in healthcare settings. More information on Transmission-Based Precautions is available on our Infection Prevention and Control pages.
Resources and information should be read in conjunction with NSW Health.
These videos briefly outline the steps for putting on and taking off PPE when applying combined contact and droplet precautions or combined contact droplet and airborne precautions in addition to standard precautions, when caring for patients with some infectious diseases such as COVID-19.
- Application of PPE in Response to COVID-19 Pandemic (added 19/3/2020)
- Principles of fit checking: how to don and fit check P2 and N95 masks (updated 19/3/2020)
- Contact and Droplet Precaution Sign 2020 – Landscape (updated 10/03/2020)
- Contact and Droplet Precaution Sign 2020 – Portrait (updated 10/03/2020)
- Contact Droplet Precautions Sign 2020 Operating Suite - Landscape (added 17/3/2020)
- Contact Droplet Airborne Precautions Sign 2020 Operating Suite - Landscape (added 17/3/2020)
- Contact Droplet Airborne Precautions Sign 2020 – Landscape (added 9/3/2020)
- Respiratory Hygiene Poster (updated 11/3/2020)
- NSW Health 'Stop the Spread' (added 20/3/2020)
- Isolation Signs – landscape view
- Isolation Signs – portrait view