Note: our COVID-19 pages are undergoing a structural refresh. We’re aiming to complete that change by Wednesday 3 June 2020. Providing you with access to resources for COVID-19 remains our priority and you will have an opportunity to share immediate feedback.
- COVID-19 Infection Prevention and Control - Guide for correct sterile surgical gown selection (2/6/2020)
- COVID-19 Infection Prevention and Control - Advice on Cleaning and Disinfection in the Workplace (2/6/2020)
- COVID-19 Infection Prevention and Control – Scrubs, uniforms, aprons and gowns (28/5/2020)
- Infection Prevention and Control Primary, Community Care and Outpatient Settings (28/5/2020)
- Infection Prevention and Control Guidance for Security Staff (18/5/2020)
- Infection Prevention and Control Guidance for Home Visits (14/5/2020)
- Advice for BreastScreen NSW Staff in relation to COVID-19 (13/5/2020)
- Managing PPE for the administration of hazardous drugs during COVID-19 pandemic (13/5/2020)
- Infection Prevention and Control - Management of COVID-19 in Healthcare Settings (7/5/20)
- PPE training videos (added 3-7/4/2020).
These videos briefly outline the steps for putting on and taking off PPE when applying combined contact and droplet precautions or combined contact droplet and airborne precautions in addition to standard precautions, when caring for patients with some infectious diseases such as COVID-19.
NSW Health staff are required to view the videos in My Health Learning (Course Code 294450660, PPE for combined transmission-based precautions).
Top weekly downloads - Monday, 1 June 2020
- Infection Prevention and Control - Management of COVID-19 in Healthcare Settings - PDF
View online or download guide to management of COVID-19
- Infection Prevention and Control Control - Primary, Community and Outpatient Settings - PDF
View online or download guidance document
- Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) Keeping health workers and consumers safe - PPT
View online or download PowerPoint training resource
- Infection Prevention and Control COVID-19 Control Guidance for Home Visits - PDF
View online or download guide to home visits
- Infection Prevention and Control COVID-19 Personal Protective Equipment - PDF
View online or download poster on PPE
Information provided by the CEC is primarily for clinicians and health workers in healthcare settings. Members of the public should visit the NSW Government website for the latest updates on COVID-19.
While NSW Health are leading our state response, the CEC has a specific role under the NSW Influenza Pandemic Plan. This includes providing infection prevention and control and patient safety advice and expertise to the Ministry of Health; and developing state-wide strategies and resources (including training modules to rapidly up-skill health workers) to maintain high levels of compliance with infection prevention and control and patient safety recommendations