Upcoming changes to incident management
These are the changes coming in 2020.
New legislation to strengthen incident management
We are changing how we manage serious incidents in NSW, with a reinvigorated focus on patients, carers, families and staff.
Key changes to serious incident management
- A Preliminary Risk Assessment to ensure the safety of people and the environment
- Appointment of a dedicated family contact
- Separate findings and recommendations
- Additional experts to help develop recommendations
- Alternate methodologies to Root Cause Analysis (RCA).
Implementation by the end of the year
We are working on a new Incident Management policy, education and resources.
Not the only big change in incident management this year
The exciting new state-wide ims+ incident management system is being rolled out in 2020. You will implement the changes to incident management after all of NSW Health has switched to ims+.